Field Service Engineers
Bristol, OX Postcode, Slough, Home Counties,
Field Service Engineer to work 50/50 evenings and days on a week on week off basis
North West area
We are an easy going but professional Company providing services to major fleet organisations, either directly or in support of major equipment suppliers.
This is an opportunity to join our growing team of nationwide field service engineers.
Most of our engineers and support staff have been with us for over 10 years which is testament to Nationwide being one of the best companies to work for in the industry!
Home based you will travel, generally within your region, to customer sites to install or repair various types of equipment.
Working normal working hours most of the time with an occasional need to work out of hours or weekend days which are paid in addition to the basic salary.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with carrying out installations and repairs on a variety of vehicle types and vehicle equipment – telematics, cameras, data systems, etc.
Consideration will be given to candidates with an automotive auto-electrical and mechanical background as training will be provided for individuals showing aptitude to understand technical aspects of the equipment and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Installation, Service and Maintenance of vehicle equipment including; telematics, data systems, camera and security devices at customer premises
- Compile accurate and appropriate documentation for both internal and external customers in a precise and timely manner
- Provide a first time fix to service repairs preventing revisits
- Ensures work output meets technical quality, reliability, cost and productivity
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external customers
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Field based service engineering
- Previous mechanical and/or auto electrical experience
- An auto-electrical qualification
- Conversant with current legislation relating to vehicle installations and industry standards
- Experience in the use of digital multi-meters and test equipment
- Experience of vehicle tracking, telematics solutions or other aftermarket automotive electronics
- Excellent soldering skills
- Base electrical skills
- Understanding of basic automotive electronics components
- Computer literacy
- Valid UK Driving Licence (no more than 6 penalty points)
- Willingness to work out of normal hours
- Work away from home at times and visit customer sites at short notice
- Good logical and fault-finding techniques
- Competitive salary + Bonus Scheme and Overtime
- Basic annual salary of £25k with easily achievable OTE of £30k and £35+ for candidates with a suitable work ethic.
- Training and support provided
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- iPad, laptop, phone provided
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays
Apply in writing with details of work history and experience to – [email protected]