West Midlands, East Midlands, Basingstoke & Watford area’s
The role: The ideal candidate will be familiar with carrying out Installation, Service and Maintenance on a variety of vehicle types and electronic equipment. Consideration will be given to candidates with an automotive auto-electrical and mechanical background as training will be provided for individuals showing aptitude to understand technical aspects of the equipment and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Installation, Service and Maintenance of vehicle electronics including; telematics, comm’s, data, camera and security devices at customer premises.
- Compile accurate and appropriate documentation for both internal and external customers in a precise and timely manner.
- Provide a first time fix to service repairs preventing revisits.
- Ensures work output meets technical quality, reliability, cost and productivity.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Promotes an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Field based service engineering.
- An auto-electrical qualification.
- Current legislation relating to vehicle installations and industry standards.
- Experienced in the use of digital multi-meters and test equipment.
- Experience of vehicle tracking, telematics solutions or other aftermarket automotive electronics.
- Excellent soldering skills.
Experience of the following is essential:
- Base electrical skills
- Understanding of basic automotive electronics components
- Computer literacy
- Valid UK Driving Licence (no more than 6 penalty points)
- Willingness to work out of normal hours
- Work away from home at times and visit customer sites at short notice.
- Displays good logical and fault-finding techniques when working in a lone working situation.
- Competitive Based on experience + Bonus Scheme and Overtime
- Achievable bonus scheme with realistic earnings of £28k & potential earnings of £30k plus
- Company Van and Fuel Card
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays